Please read these terms carefully before using our website.
OUR DATA CONTROLLER
Our data controller is Espree Jewellery Limited of Unit 5B The Courtyard, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B75 7BU and is therefore responsible for abiding by the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. We may collect personal information from you such as your name and contact details via forms you fill out on our website www.espreejewellery.co.uk (our "Website”) which include information you enter when subscribing to our emails, registering an account, using our search feature, signing up to ‘back in stock’ notifications and placing orders.
2. Other ways we may collect data from you includes when you contact us via email, our website’s contact form, letters and telephone.
3. We may also automatically collect and process the following information about you:
- Browser type and version
- Your IP address
- Login details
- Time zone setting
- Your payment method
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
- Your URL
- Your clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time)
- Products you viewed or searched for
- Page response times
- Download errors
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- Methods used to browse away from the page
- Telephone numbers used to call our customer service number.
- We do not store your credit card details
WHAT WE DO WITH THIS DATA
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To facilitate the processing your orders
- In the interest of security and in the prevention of fraudulent transactions
- Internal record keeping
- Market research purposes
- To issue refunds
- To customise the website according to your interests
- To help in the administration of our website
- To improve our products and services
- To monitor the effectiveness of our marketing
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
The basis for processing this information is in accordance with GDPR.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS DATA
We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes. We respect and value your privacy and apart from in the event of the below scenarios we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
The following events may result in your data being shared with third parties, to be used in accordance with the ways defined above.
1. Should we buy or sell any part of our business
2. If we are required by law to do so
3. In the interest of our personal security such prevention against fraud
OUR 3RD PARTY APPS
1. Customer pricing only uses session cookies called a transient cookie that are erased when you close your web browser. It is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect personal information from the user’s computer.
2. Wishlist only stores customer email addresses and they are only used for the purpose of linking wishlists to customer accounts, and never for any communication or marketing. Email addresses can be removed or amended on request.
3. Now back in stock collects customer email addresses or phone numbers (whichever is inputted by you) for the purpose of allowing you to receive back-in-stock notifications. After the notification is sent, the email address or phone number is retained in the archive and logs, but never re-used. This information is shared with Amazon SES (Simple Email Service), our ESP, for the purpose of sending email, or with Twilio, our SMS provider, for the purpose of sending SMS. As our website is integrated with Mailchimp, if your email address is inputted, a copy of it will be sent to our Mailchimp but this will not be used for direct marketing and can be deleted upon request.
4. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
2. The personal information which you provide is stored on secure servers by our service provides and payment transactions will be encrypted.
3. A password is required to access specific areas of the website. In such case, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential and we ask you not to share the password with anyone, including any third party.
4. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information,the security of the transmission of data cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet is entirely at your own risk.
5. Espree Jewellery provides secure "https" access to the transnational parts of the www.espreejewellery.co.uk website, including your account page and any webpage showing your personal information (particularly payment card information). Access to your Espree Jewellery account (and therefore your personal data) is password-protected. Sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Shopify or PayPal payment services gateway. To further secure your credit card, we also do not keep details of the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
1. We retain personal data for as long as it is required to fulfil the purposes in which it was collected for, including marketing, accounting and reporting purposes.
2. We may anonymise the personal data we are holding of you for purposes such as marketing. In such case, the data will no longer be associated with you. If you cease to be a customer of Espree Jewellery, we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
1. You have the right to access any personal data that we hold relating to you. Please note we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred.
2. You have the right to correct the personal information we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
3. You have the right to request to erase the personal information we hold of you in certain circumstances, such as where we no longer require the information.
4. You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal information. This request can suppress the processing of data under certain circumstances, such as to correct or erase the personal information.
5. You have the right to request to transfer the personal information we hold of you to a third party.
6. Under Article 21 of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data as part of our interests as a data controller, including the use of personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to object to such processing at any time by contacting us at Unit 5B The Courtyard, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B75 7BU or by contacting us by email at email@example.com
Alternatively if you no longer wish to receive any marketing information from us or third parties, please click 'Unsubscribe' at the bottom of any Espree Jewellery marketing email.